1991 Chevrolet Caprice Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Chevrolet Caprice
- My car runs hot after driveing it about an hour
- why do my car cuts off when coming to a stop
- I went and got a new battery and my battery light inside of the car is still on
- What could be the problem as to why the fuel pump isn't getting any electricity.
- When I start my 91 caprice theres a grinding noise that happens before it starts
1991 Chevrolet Caprice Problems
The idler arm or pitman arm may wear causing looseness in the steering. When this occurs the front suspension will not be able to be aligned correctly.
The auto level ride compressor may fail causing the rear of the vehicle to ride to high or too low.
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. The engine may overheat as a result of the coolant loss. A leaking water pump should be replaced.
1991 Chevrolet Caprice Questions
If I'm driving and start to slow down my car cuts off
WHy is that?
I've checked all the fuses and harnesses for fuel pump and injectors and the they're good. Problems occured when I got the intake gaskets switched out for new ones. Initiallly the timing was not set correctly after the guy put everthing back together. After I got that fixed what seemed to...
1991 Chevrolet Caprice Recalls
1991 Chevrolet Caprice Reviews
I have a 1991 9C1 police package version. I have 241,000 miles on this car and she is still going strong. If your looking for a fuel efficient car, this one is not for you.