2012 Chevrolet Camaro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2012 Chevrolet Camaro
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2012 Chevrolet Camaro Recalls
The driver may accidentally hit the ignition key with their knee, moving the key out of the run position, turning off the engine. If the key is not in the run position, the air bags may not deploy if the vehicle is involved in a crash, increasing the risk of injury. Additionally, loss of power steering, and power braking, could increase the risk of a vehicle crash. Note: Until the recall has been performed, drivers should adjust their seat and steering column to allow clearance between their knee and the ignition key. Dealers will remove the key blade from the original flip key/RKE transmitter assembly, and provide two new keys and two key rings per key.
The driver's front airbag includes a safety device called a shorting bar - this prevents unexpected deployment of the airbag when it is removed from the vehicle. In this case, the shorting bar may intermittently contact the airbag terminals while it is installed in the vehicle. This could result in illumination of the airbag warning light or the airbag may not deploy when necessary. Failure of the airbag to deploy would increase the risk of injury in the event of a crash. Dealers will replace the steering wheel airbag coil to correct this concern.