2002 Chevrolet Camaro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Chevrolet Camaro
- When A/C is turned on it won't shift, but if A/C is off, it shifts perfectly.
- My transmission is leaking. How do I find the leak?
- What costs are involved with clutch replacement?
- What does the factory security settings include an engine kill?
- the power door locks to not automatically lock when the car starts moving.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 Chevrolet Camaro Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The hood and rear hatch supports may fail causing the hood or hatch fall back down after being raised to the open position. Replacement of failed supports is recommended.
The t-top models are prone to water leaks from the t-tops weather strip seals. Our technicians tell us that replacing the all of the t-top related weather strips will commonly correct most leaks. Care should be taken when removing and installing the t-tops in order to avoid damage to the weather strips.
2002 Chevrolet Camaro Questions
Added 4 quarts when it was low. How long did it take to leak that far down? I see no visible leak near pan.
Is it too hard for a do-it-yourself project?
Trying to determine what security options are standard in the factory system.
2002 Chevrolet Camaro Recalls
2002 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews
overall very reliable. windshield wipers intermittently stop. over 220,000 miles with no serious drive train problems.
I own 3 of these cars and all are over 200k miles never really had any major issues on one i had to replace the distributor but only because my meth injection hose blew off and sprayed the entire engine area with methanol and some got into the distributor, which methanol causes things to rust extremely quickly so that problem was more my fault not the car. the distributor also does not go out a...
I owned a 1995 z28 convertible a 2001 camaro SS and a 2002 camaro z28, ran them like crazy but always performed maintenance to them like the typical oil, trans fluids, tires, brakes stuff like that, no problems, was stuck in a blizzard in Montana with my SS and it stayed on the road fine and did not die while others were on the ditch line or stuck. these cars are under rated. Other than an occa...