1998 Chevrolet Camaro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Chevrolet Camaro
- i bought 1998 camaro at a auction with no key and some wires were disconnected
- 98 Camaro SS. New BCM installed 11 months ago at a Chevy dealership.
- how to install shift solenoid 98chevy camaro 3.8litre..auto zone diagnostics.
- new tires for my camaro ls1 1998 i have kumho now ...any suggestions for better
- I have an 89 camero it is leaking water below the intake above the water pump
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The t-top models are prone to water leaks from the t-tops weather strip seals. Our technicians tell us that replacing the all of the t-top related weather strips will commonly correct most leaks. Care should be taken when removing and installing the t-tops in order to avoid damage to the weather strips.
The hood and rear hatch supports may fail causing the hood or hatch fall back down after being raised to the open position. Replacement of failed supports is recommended.
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Questions
now that i got key car wont start?
A week ago i started it up, brought it into the shop i work at and when i was going to move it out it wouldn't start removed BCM opened it up to check for shorts and everything was clear and good to go after visual inspection and tests with a multimeter reinstalled it into the cradle under th...
at first, wild erratic shifting at different rpms...now it will not pull at all...acts as if it were in neutral...
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews
ls1 with t-56 is a fun combination. cheapest\fastest car for the money. interior sucks. nice paint from factory though. engine is bullet proof, tranny acts different depending on the weather. handling sucks, this car wants to go fast in a straight line, thats about it. comfortable ride even on long trips, good mileage. car doesn't stop very good. always passes smog with flying colors.
Bought car 7 years ago with 73K miles and now have 197k, other than normal wear and tear maintenance items, i.e. alternator, air conditioner, power window motors, water pump, oil pan leak, and convertible top, it has been an inexpensive car to drive. It is in great shape and FUN to drive, after 14 years on the road it still shines like new, but it is time to reupholster the seats. It's a great ...
A fantastic machine