1998 Chevrolet Camaro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Chevrolet Camaro
- how to remove heads
- In the last 2 mo. the engine would not turn over. Not the starter. I feel it's
- Something is wrong with SSP Key or key cylinder or wires ,relays, fuses.
- code p0507 idle air control car idles at 1500 rpm changed iac and still idles
- i bought 1998 camaro at a auction with no key and some wires were disconnected
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The hood and rear hatch supports may fail causing the hood or hatch fall back down after being raised to the open position. Replacement of failed supports is recommended.
The t-top models are prone to water leaks from the t-tops weather strip seals. Our technicians tell us that replacing the all of the t-top related weather strips will commonly correct most leaks. Care should be taken when removing and installing the t-tops in order to avoid damage to the weather strips.
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Questions
i need to do a head repair
the PASS key or some godforsaken mystery in the Hidden Theft Deterrent system. Everybody I speak with says take it to a Dealership. I'll run it off a cliff 1st. Black on black w/T-Tops ran good looks like a vet from distance. Does anyone have a miracle. I've spent last 3 wkends and tired ...
now that i got key car wont start?
1998 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews
ls1 with t-56 is a fun combination. cheapest\fastest car for the money. interior sucks. nice paint from factory though. engine is bullet proof, tranny acts different depending on the weather. handling sucks, this car wants to go fast in a straight line, thats about it. comfortable ride even on long trips, good mileage. car doesn't stop very good. always passes smog with flying colors.
Bought car 7 years ago with 73K miles and now have 197k, other than normal wear and tear maintenance items, i.e. alternator, air conditioner, power window motors, water pump, oil pan leak, and convertible top, it has been an inexpensive car to drive. It is in great shape and FUN to drive, after 14 years on the road it still shines like new, but it is time to reupholster the seats. It's a great ...
A fantastic machine