1997 Chevrolet Camaro Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet Camaro
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 Chevrolet Camaro Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The hood and rear hatch supports may fail causing the hood or hatch fall back down after being raised to the open position. Replacement of failed supports is recommended.
The t-top models are prone to water leaks from the t-tops weather strip seals. Our technicians tell us that replacing the all of the t-top related weather strips will commonly correct most leaks. Care should be taken when removing and installing the t-tops in order to avoid damage to the weather strips.
1997 Chevrolet Camaro Questions
i know the proper fire order on ign. not sure of which plug is considerd 1 -6 on engine block
heater blowes strong but no hot air. I hear the door opening and closing
1997 Chevrolet Camaro Recalls
1997 Chevrolet Camaro Reviews
I love how fast my Camaro is. The Chevy engine has always been strong and the transmission has held up well through years of abuse. I have kept my camaro in the garage so it's still in nice shape. I have had some odd electrical issues with the interior lights but the car mechanically is great. I wish the brakes were stronger to help the car stop as quickly as it goes.
I have a 1997 Z28 30th Anniversay Edition. Love This Car!!!!!! What a fun ride. Other than regular maintenance, I have only had to replace the power window motor, rear pinion, and manifold gasket. Car has 130,000 miles and runs like the day I bought it.