1997 Chevrolet Blazer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet Blazer
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Chevrolet Blazer Problems
The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may fail causing erratic fuel gauge operation. Our technicians tell us that on high mileage vehicles you may wish to replace the complete fuel pump module assembly if this condition occurs.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
1997 Chevrolet Blazer Questions
Engine turns over, but is hesitant to start. Noticed that even though the RPM's increase as the gas is pressed, the power that should be there isn't. This is especially true going up a hill.
Also when running the A/C and under a heavy engine load (like going up a hill) the blower w...
I have a 4x4 '97 blazer. My back differential ate the pinion gear. Can I put the truck in 4x4, remove the rear drive shaft and effectively drive in front wheel drive for a short term fix?
Automatic shutoff switch for interior lights will dim the lights and then stay on.
1997 Chevrolet Blazer Recalls
1997 Chevrolet Blazer Reviews
GM needs to get its act together
The body and interior is still in like new condition. I try to wash all salt and other corrosives as soon as I can. The AC has a leak but I can get by without that benefit. I have replaced the suspension including torsion bars. The exhaust, electrical, drive train, motor is still all original equipment. With proper maintenance, a vehicle will last.
batteries run down constanly.