1997 Chevrolet Blazer Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet Blazer
- When Ign switch is turned on gauge lights will not come on for several minutes.
- Driving along headlights & dashlights dem Battery gauge in red zone car dies
- 1995 Blazer won't start coil has spark plugs don't replaced modulestill the same
- My heater motor is making a horrible load sound when turned on
- My 1997 blazer is hard to start it seems it is not firing until I let offswitch
1997 Chevrolet Blazer Problems
The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may fail causing erratic fuel gauge operation. Our technicians tell us that on high mileage vehicles you may wish to replace the complete fuel pump module assembly if this condition occurs.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
1997 Chevrolet Blazer Questions
Engine will crank but will not start until several minutes delay. When gauge lights come on, engine will start. When outside temperature is 60 to 70 degrees the wait time is about 2-5 minutes. When outside temp is 40 degrees the delay time is about 60 minutes. WHAT COULD CAUSE THIS PROBLEM?
Will start of given jumpstart dies immediately Is it the alternater or something else wrong?
1997 Chevrolet Blazer Recalls
1997 Chevrolet Blazer Reviews
GM needs to get its act together
The body and interior is still in like new condition. I try to wash all salt and other corrosives as soon as I can. The AC has a leak but I can get by without that benefit. I have replaced the suspension including torsion bars. The exhaust, electrical, drive train, motor is still all original equipment. With proper maintenance, a vehicle will last.
batteries run down constanly.