2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Chevrolet Avalanche
- how to replace panel trim 20844035?
- Will dealerships correct door lock problems and crack dash free of charge
- Why did my stop in drive, and reverse works perfectly?
- Rear drivers' side wheel: noise sound from it when I slow down or speed up.
- intermitent check engine light. when it is on, the remote start will not funtion
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Problems
The upper dash may crack, most commonly on vehicles in warm climates and exposed to a lot of sunlight. The common repair is to replace the upper instrument trim panel. Information on a technical service bulletin or extended warranty is not available at this time.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The keyless entry system may stop working. Our technicians tell us the key fobs and keyless entry receiver may need to be replaced to correct this fault.
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Questions
door locks don't work and dash around windshild is cracked
My check engine light came on 2 weeks prior to my vehicle breaking. I was out driving and made a left turn, heard a loud boom noise. Then my steering wheel locked up as if my power steering failed. Then I proceeded to change gears and nothing but reverse worked. I shut my truck off, then tried to...
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Recalls
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
The wiring to the washer system heater may overheat due to a failure in the heater module. This could cause other electrical features to malfunction, smoke to develop, and an electrical fire could result. Dealers will install a wire harness with an inline fuse to protect the washer heater module. This recall is expected to begin on September 12, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08048.
2008 Chevrolet Avalanche Reviews
service air light is on
I love love love my Avalanche truck. But I have some of the problems listed above. I have the check engine light on a lot and it is usually because of the 4WD issue or because of the gas cap. So damage to something may not be present and yet it's telling the code reader the whole thing needs to be replaced. Just make sure you get a second opinion before committing to a whole piece replacement.
I HAVE A 2008 AVALANCHE LTZ, THAT I BOUGHT NEW. CURRENTLY IT HAS 125,000 MILES AND I LOVE IT. THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAD WAS HAVING TO CHANGE MY FRONT BRAKES AND ROTORS FOUR TIMES. THE FIRST SET OF TIRES GOT 80,000 MILES (GREAT), THE SECOND SET ONLY GOT 35,000 MILES. THE BRAKES SEEM GOOD FOR 20,000 MILES AFTER CHANGING AND THEN THE FRONT ROTORS START TO PULSATE. I WOULD BE AFRAID TO TO...