2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500
- 4WD Transfer Case Position Sensor/Selector Switch May Fail
- Speedometer or Other Instrument Panel Gauge May Work Erratically
- Steering May Develop Clunk Noise From Upper Intermediate Steering Shaft
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail
- Daytime Running Lights are Prone to Burning Out
- why does my motor use more oil than it should
- Lost of power while driving-no codes-won't kick down. Works fine shifting manual
- computer says knock sensor is bad, engine runs great ,will a drive cycle help ?
- What causes my battery to keep draining?
- how much cfm does the fan have to put out on 03 avalanche
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Problems
The 4WD transfer case encoder motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail causing the service 4WD message to be displayed. Fault code(s) stored in the transfer case control module will be of assistance in determining the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. The warranty has been extended on some of these units to 7 years or 70,000 miles.
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft. Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repair is for this condition.
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Questions
Check engine light is off now
want to take off belt driving fan and put a electric one there is alot of them to chose from want to get the right fan for my truck
Runs fine while in 2 wheel dr.
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Recalls
The second row center seat belt routing may make it difficult to position correctly on smaller passengers. If the seat belt rides up to fit around the abdomen, the risk of internal injury is increased in a crash. Dealers will cut the guide loop, remove a portion of the loop, and the remaining sides should be folded over and secured with a retainer. The recall began July 21, 2005. The GM recall number is 05037.
The hydro-boost housing relief valve bore may be out of specification. The seal may fracture as a result, which may reduce braking assist and slightly increase the steering effort while braking. Under certain conditions, more braking effort will be required to stop the vehicle. Dealers will replace the hydro-boost relief valve. The recall began June 18, 2004. The GM recall number is 04004.
2003 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500 Reviews
bought my 2003 new - like it but do have a couple problems -the last 3 years in a row ive had to replace all 4 rotors due to rust (truck has 63k miles)and sometimes it decides to go into 4wd by itself when you start it.(already replaced the switch) right now i need to replace the tailgate handle and need to know do i have to remove the interior panel to do this google says no but i cant see ho...
I love my 2003. I have made several upgrades that makes it eveb better with great gas miles. The one thing I don't live is that the drive side fog light burns out about every other month. I also notice we I see other ones that this same light is out on thier truck too. I think it's a Chevy problem. The self leveling thing is a little bit of a pain in the a$$ when towing. Other then that I te...
why doesn't my chevy avalanche pick up speed fast what could be something that can couse this?