1997 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup
- Replace front hub assembly
- Put new battery in and won't start
- Truck spit and sputter with a 3 car hauler hooked to it. And burn a lot of gas. Notice it a little with no trailer
- Replacing the 4X4 actuator on my truck, the sensor for the actuator is a 2 wire
- my 4 wd light flashes and 4wd does not engage?
1997 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
Power brake systems using "hydro-boost" may leak power steering fluid from the hydro-boost unit located behind the brake master cylinder. Replacement of the hydro-boost unit is the common repair to correct this concern.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
1997 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup Questions
actuator replaced ,fuse is good,I will engage if I test bottom wire looks brown white stripe I think
I am replacing the Turbo. I was going to up date and move the pmd while I was at it but I am unable to locate it. It is not under the water hose near the AC compressor. Can you advise if there is an alternate location from the factory. We spent hours checking the wiring with no pmd. Thanks.