1992 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
Power brake systems using "hydro-boost" may leak power steering fluid from the hydro-boost unit located behind the brake master cylinder. Replacement of the hydro-boost unit is the common repair to correct this concern.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
1992 Chevrolet 3500 Pickup Questions
My fuel pump quit so I replaced it and it ran for about 20 minutes and I shut it off. The transmission is out so I didn't drive it. I came out a few days later to start it and it would not start only cranks and I can't hear the pump running. I ask them at the parts house about replacing...
BRAKE FLUID OK, PARKING BRAKE NOT ON.
GOES OFF AFTER SHUTTING OFF ENGINE AND STARTING ENGINE BACK ON.
BRAKES SEEM TO WORK FINE.
WHAT CAN IT BE???
(JUST HAD PART OF THE BRAKE LINE REPLACED 300 MILES AGO.)
Where is knock sensor