1999 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup
- How to fix hydro boost unit from leaking power steering fluid without replacing
- what kind of security system do I have? keys don't have resistor on the shank.
- installed dist.trucks running but can't get on timing mark
- My truck is stuck in 4 look how do I manually change it back to 2 wheelvdrive
- Suburban starts but won't run for more than a few seconds. It will repeat action
1999 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
1999 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Questions
massive hesitation when warms up
With an electrical pushvbutton
1999 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Reviews
Bought new in late 98 and now 175,000+ miles. Fuel pump failed at about 150,000 No other issues until last year. A/C finally had to be replaced. Water pump same year. Can't complain. This truck is a work horse. Towed enclosed 24 foot racecar trailer all over West coast and a 24 foot cabin cruiser from Sacramento River to Columbia River to Lake Mead to Lake Havasu... never a mishap.