1998 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
1998 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Questions
but will not turn in ignition two more keys same thing
on a 1996 chevrolet pickup truck
I only want to R&R the clutch slave cylinder and don't wish to do any more work than necessary. The engine and clutch only have about 40,000 miles on them.
1998 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Reviews
Altho I love this truck, it has some problems. Suspension and steering could be tighter- poor turning radius. I've had about every problem described in common problems, but I've owned Fords before this, and would buy this truck again- or any other Chevy- before another Ford. With 193,000 on my beast, it still runs strong. I feel like I've gotten my money out of it and plan to keep repairing ...