1997 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup
- Need inner and outer wheel bearings and races replaced in my 1997 c2500hd pickup
- What would make 1997 chevy Silverado 2500 not shift into gear
- I meant to ask how to temporarily bypass the clutch pedal/starter safety switch
- How can I temporarily bypass the clutch/star safety switch
- i have a brake proplem I put a master cylinder on the truck now when the truck
1997 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
1997 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Questions
when the truck is not running you have a good pedal but when you start the truck the pedal goes to the floor what would cause this to happen, thank you daveb
I have only one code PO740
The engine is running.