1997 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup
- I meant to ask how to temporarily bypass the clutch pedal/starter safety switch
- How can I temporarily bypass the clutch/star safety switch
- i have a brake proplem I put a master cylinder on the truck now when the truck
- The fuses are good and the ignition is Okay. What is my problem. A bad TCC sol.
- Why won't my pickup shift out of park, the steering wheel turns freely.
1997 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
1997 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Questions
when the truck is not running you have a good pedal but when you start the truck the pedal goes to the floor what would cause this to happen, thank you daveb
I have only one code PO740
The engine is running.