1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup
- Truck won't start - no spark - fuel and oil gages spin upside-down when cranking
- I have a 5.7 l pickup with a standard NV 4500 trasmission. Im thinking swapping to the NV 3500 transmission. has anyone used the NV 3500 was it reliable what kind of fuel mileage did you get? out with the gearing?
- have a 96 Chevy C 2500 the tachometer, speedometer, oil gauge, and amp all quit
- I have had to replace the fuel pump in my truck 3 times. the last time I replaced the whole assembly, and lasted 1 week. what is causing them to go out. I checked the filter and the pressure
- my fuel pump keeps going out.
1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Questions
my entire instrument panel less my gas suddenly quit working engine fires fine no problems transmission is standard no problems when I turn on the headlights the dash lights light up but it rings like the doors open help please
I have replaced my fuel pump 3 times, the last time it only lasted a week and it's out again. the first time there was a burned spot on the ground wire on the harness in the tank. replaced the whole assembly. and still having the same problem.
1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Recalls
The easy entry recliner seat operation may allow fingers or hands to get caught and pinched within the recliner mechanism. Dealers will install a protective cover over the recliner mechanism free of charge to resolve the concern.
The nuts for the U-bolts that secure the rear axle to the frame may loosen and detach, causing the axle to shift and disrupt proper control of the vehicle while driving. Dealers will check the U-bolt nut torque and re-torque any loose U-bolts to the proper specification free of charge to resolve the concern.
The fuel rail may leak, causing an odor and a fire hazard. Dealers will inspect and replace fuel rails found to be in the date range of faulty parts free of charge to resolve the concern.