1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup
- Truck won't start - no spark - fuel and oil gages spin upside-down when cranking
- I have had to replace the fuel pump in my truck 3 times. the last time I replaced the whole assembly, and lasted 1 week. what is causing them to go out. I checked the filter and the pressure
- my fuel pump keeps going out.
- how to replace ring gear on fly wheel?
- I've got a 1996 Chevy Silverado 2500 extended cab it needs a windshield will windshield out of a 1996 chevy 1500 fit even if not extended cab
1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Questions
I have replaced my fuel pump 3 times, the last time it only lasted a week and it's out again. the first time there was a burned spot on the ground wire on the harness in the tank. replaced the whole assembly. and still having the same problem.
can transmission be pushed back to access fly wheel?
New battery and alternator but battery won't charge. I was told to check the alternator fuse.