1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup
- I've got a 1996 Chevy Silverado 2500 extended cab it needs a windshield will windshield out of a 1996 chevy 1500 fit even if not extended cab
- I have 1996 Chevy Silverado 2500 extended cab it needs a windshield
- Truck died while driving on wife
- Where are all of the fuse boxes located ?
- My day time running lights don't work.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
1996 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Questions
New battery and alternator but battery won't charge. I was told to check the alternator fuse.
I replaced the fuse on driver side fuse box. Is there anything else to check?
Is there any special adjusting to do for the carrier berring to eleminate vibration? thanks mark