1990 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup
- Replaced plugs wires and cap and my truck still dont have top in power acks like
- why does my vehicle have an erratic idle it also flutters when driving unless under hard acceleration then runs great
- Rotor button black burnt mark no spark
- What is the Price of a heater core exchange
- Why would I have no power what so ever when I turn the key?
1990 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles are prone to breaking.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
1990 Chevrolet 2500 Pickup Questions
What is a fair price for a heater core exchange
I've checked the front brakes and the pads and rotors appear to be ok. plenty of pad left, and no grooves in the rotor. But sometimes when the brakes are applied, it sounds like it's metal on metal ( a terrible grinding sound).