1999 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup
- ihave water spiting out my exhaust manifold do i need to replace the head gasket
- On the passlock sensor on the lock cylinder what 2 wires do i bypass w/resistor?
- Column shifter will not shift down to 1 position also there is a rattling sound
- Started small vibration win u let off gas,seems to be getting worse
- how many miles per gallon should i get from my 4.3 1999 chevy sliverado truck?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles a prone to breaking. Commonly broken handles cannot be repaired, they will require replacement.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
1999 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Questions
i also drained about two gal of waterout of my oil pan
Sounds like it's coming from the front or middle hard to tell also there's a grinding sound intermittently coming from the front or middle hard to tell that's causing performance issues compromises the torque it mainly happens when going over the bumps and the rattling starts but not ...
Rear in was low on oil