1992 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup
- truck is loosing coolant but no smoke from tailpipe and no bad smell in engine
- ac and heater fan is working however little air flow exiting vents ,,
- How do I fix the faulty wiring for the lighting in my 1992 Chevy, Scottsdale??
- Where is fuel filter located?Can fuel pump be defective if it still turn on
- fuel filter
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1992 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles a prone to breaking. Commonly broken handles cannot be repaired, they will require replacement.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
1992 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Questions
started having low coolant issues and inc. temps, shop said water pump needed replacing, within a week low coolant light was on again, this time they said reservoir was cracked, again within a week the low coolant light started coming on and temps start going up if I don't add coolant every c...
Is the fuel pump easy to replace?
were is my fuel filter is it under cab or under hood
1992 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Reviews
truck is in good shape motor is strong.Interior like new.I have one problem with the brakes.At speeds above 35 the brake light comes on even though the brakes have not been touched.Replaced thr speed/ abs senor on the trans but no change.I can lock up the rear brakes (puppy ran out in front of me). Any help before spending lots of money on this would be helpful.