1991 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup
- Why is the temp gauge and heater not working?
- What could be wrong with my truck the heat blow cold air so what could be the it
- On 1 occasion it would not start engine turn no start. About 1 hour later start
- Why won't the ignition turn after replacing the transmission?
- In 4wd - hi lo shifter went limp leaving truck in nuteral..Could this be linkage
1991 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles a prone to breaking. Commonly broken handles cannot be repaired, they will require replacement.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
1991 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Questions
1 hour later started. Told it has a cracked throttle body. Now runs rough no power. 192k miles everything original .
I have to hold the gear up to start the truck. My gears are in the wrong place too.