1990 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup
- last winter i was stuck in the snow and lost reverse?
- Truck running ruff once warmed up check engine lite comes on but goes off as soo
- Do i change slave cylinder and master before or after clutch?
- Pickup goes completely dead, while driving, dash goes blank. Fuel pump?
- How do i change the clutch to my truck i know the transmission has to come out
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Problems
The inside and outside door handles a prone to breaking. Commonly broken handles cannot be repaired, they will require replacement.
The windshield wipers may not work intermittently due to a faulty wiper motor control board. Our technicians tell us that lightly taping on the wiper motor when the fault occurs should temporarily get the wipers working again. Some vehicles were recalled for this problem and some were not. You will need to check with your local dealer to find out if a specific vehicle was included.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
1990 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Questions
can i fix it buy droping the fulid and putting a new filter and tranny fluid in?
Truck starts running bad after awhile of driving till ya step on accelerator then runs like a champ took air filter off and under side of lid was wet and smelled like gas does not die and only does it ocasonaly and only when you are at crusing speed it has a new fuel tank with new pump just star...
Or does it matter
1990 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Reviews
I have just bought a 1990 Black chevy Silverado 1500 with just under 100,000. I was very Blessed to have bought it from the Original owner who had all the paperwork of when he changed the plugs and the oil, filters you name it and he had it in the folder. The truck is very clean. Did have to put new exhaust and Added a nice Dixie Air Horn to top things off. Right now I am worried about the A/C ...