2006 Cadillac STS Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Cadillac STS
- My car says no fobs detected
- My car over heated and leaked antifreeze.... Any ideas?
- The guage on the dash for the water temp once the car warms up falls back to
- what would cause engine stalling when merging or passing? gm says vin not recall
- I get "Service Steering System" fault after driving my STS about 8 miles
2006 Cadillac STS Problems
The front turn signal and and daytime running light bulbs are prone to premature failure. Our technicians tell us that these bulbs can be very difficult to replace.
The rear axle pinion seal may leak causing fluid loss and possible internal rear end damage. Replacing the faulty seal will commonly correct this concern.
Vehicles with certain V6 engines may illuminate the Check Engine Light one or more of the following codes: P0011, P0014, P0021, P0024, P0341, P0346, P0336, or P0391. Our technicians tell us that some vehicles may require a powertrain control module (PCM) software update to correct this issue. Other vehicles may have excess camshaft end play on one or both cylinder heads which will need to be corrected using special procedures outlined by GM.
2006 Cadillac STS Questions
Isn't leaking fluid. No noises. Either the engine warms up and/or I go over a speed bump and the error occurs. The power steering stops and doesn't come back until the engine is cool again.
Check engine light in
2006 Cadillac STS Reviews
Great car. Drives and handles perfectly. Only complaint....Almost .No storage spaces.