1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood
- car is hesitant to start in the mornings i let it setthen it starts
- a/c fan motor makes fluttering noise but no air flow comes from any vent???
- where is port 1 on a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood
- Cad 96 fleet running rough, changed plugs ...now what?
- What would make the ac/heat fan stay on at all times and the air won't work?
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
The auto level ride compressor may fail causing the rear of the vehicle to ride to high or too low.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Questions
Recently I noticed water pooling in the floor of my 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. I was perplexed and had to suck the water up several times. Finally I took off the side panel and looked up in the roof and noticed that the drainage tube ruining from the sun roof to the side of the car (connec...