1990 Cadillac Fleetwood Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood
- Car Won't Start Because of Anti-Theft System That Uses Raised-Chip Key
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- Performance Issues Due to Faulty ECM Grounds at Front of Engine
- Smog Check Failure Due to Excessive Carbon Buildup
- Check engine light due to failed EGR valve or control solenoid
1990 Cadillac Fleetwood Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
The engine control module (ECM) electrical grounds on the front of the engine block may have high resistance causing a rough running engine or stalling condition.
1990 Cadillac Fleetwood Questions
I would like to know what I need to do in order to fix this problem as its getting warmer and it keeps draining my battery. I'm not a car guy but if told what to do I can figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also, what parts should I need and is this a job I can do or is ...
thing what else could me the problem?
1990 cadillac brougham