2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT Problems
The daytime running lights are prone to burning out. Our technicians tell us that the light sockets may show signs of heat damage but usually are OK. Always be sure to use the correct replacement bulb for best life expectancy.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
The keyless entry system may stop working. Our technicians tell us the key fobs and keyless entry receiver may need to be replaced to correct this fault.
2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT Questions
I get the both the codes p0171 and p0174 on my 2008 escalade, but they only stay on for a day or two then come of and reappear in about a day. My truck only has 77k mi. I have had the code p0449 but I have replaced my solenoid purge valve and that light has turned off.
2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT Recalls
The heated washer module under the hood could overheat due to excessive current draw. Under certain conditions, this could result in an under hood fire. This previous recall attempt in 2008 to repair this concern did not have the expected success. Dealers will now permanently disable and remove the heated washer module to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on June 20, 2010.
The wiring to the washer system heater may overheat due to a failure in the heater module. This could cause other electrical features to malfunction, smoke to develop, and an electrical fire could result. Dealers will install a wire harness with an inline fuse to protect the washer heater module. This recall is expected to begin on September 12, 2008. The General Motors recall number is 08048.