2000 Cadillac Eldorado Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Cadillac Eldorado
- car wont turn over or start batt full charge ,all options work
- what is the problem with the security code light on and the key is reading
- has any one had to replace the fuel and brake lines due to premature rust from
- wipers wont work all the time changed wiper motor and puse board did not fix
- I need to know where the windshield washer pump is located
2000 Cadillac Eldorado Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
The trunk pull down switch may fail causing the trunk lid not to close completely. Our technicians tell us that the failed switch can be replaced without changing the complete pull down motor assembly.
The engine may develop an oil leak from the lower crankcase portion of the engine block. Our technicians tell us that the engine must be removed from the vehicle to properly repair this oil leak.
2000 Cadillac Eldorado Questions
2000 Cadillac Eldorado Recalls
The inner tie rod nuts may be loose. This may cause detachment of the steering linkage and a loss of steering control. Dealers will inspect and secure the tie rod nuts. Dealers will also check and adjust the toe setting of the wheel alignment.
2000 Cadillac Eldorado Reviews
Killer caddy! Excellent ride with great lines. I wish the block was iron to ease rebuilding. Overall, cool ride.