1998 Cadillac Eldorado Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Cadillac Eldorado
- i have a lifter or something knocking what do i do
- The computer keeps saying "service stability system". Is it safe to drive?
- can speed fuel shut off be disengaged
- The running lights work but when I turn on the lights at night, I have no lights
- Traction control light and abs light on It keeps comming on.What is wrong?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Cadillac Eldorado Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
The trunk pull down switch may fail causing the trunk lid not to close completely. Our technicians tell us that the failed switch can be replaced without changing the complete pull down motor assembly.
The engine may develop an oil leak from the lower crankcase portion of the engine block. Our technicians tell us that the engine must be removed from the vehicle to properly repair this oil leak.
1998 Cadillac Eldorado Questions
this is the second time it has happened. I have the fues pulled right now.
are rebuilt transmissions good for this car
1998 Cadillac Eldorado Recalls
Cadillac has recalled 1998 Devillle and Eldorado vehicles because the purge evaporate emissions wiring harness was improperly routed. This could interfere with the speed control and throttle linkage, and may cause the throttle to stay open. Dealers will inspect the harness for proper routing and then install a tie strap to the harness.
1998 Cadillac Eldorado Reviews
Hello my name is Kirk...I own a 1998 Eldoradao ETC. Love the car, I've had it for over 13 or 14 years now, I was the 2nd owner. However,the car has been a money pit for me off an on over the years. But, sense I like the car so much, I always made sure it was maintain no matter what, moreover now I'm having a chronic issue with the ABS- electronic brake system. The system engages or cycles when ...