1990 Cadillac Eldorado Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Cadillac Eldorado
- 1989 eldo sometimes vents a/c thru defrost vents.
- My 1989 eldorado will only operate inside & outside lights manually. Problem?
- where is the trunk pulldown SWITCH for the pulldown motor
- the repair shop just changed the alternator, now the brakes dont work.
- my 1990 Cadillac Eldorado birritz twilite lights stopped working.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1990 Cadillac Eldorado Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
The trunk pull down switch may fail causing the trunk lid not to close completely. Our technicians tell us that the failed switch can be replaced without changing the complete pull down motor assembly.
The air conditioning system can be prone to refrigerant leaks and failure of one or more pressure sensors. The AC pressure sensors should be checked for proper operation when ever the AC system is serviced.
1990 Cadillac Eldorado Questions
there is pressure but no power to stop the car. The repair shop said the brake booster shorted out when the alt. went out. I only had the car running for 2 minutes tops when the alt went out. Is this possible and is the part really $2700.00?
how do i figure if it is the switch or something else? I did try another switch from a junk yard.still nothing.they do go on manually.
I haven't driven the car in about 8 years. I've seen used engines online as cheap as $8k. Being that I want to replace everything under the hood, I need upholstery work done, a decent stereo system, new tires, new mufflers, and a paint job; what would be a good approximation of what I wil...