2005 Cadillac CTS Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Cadillac CTS
- Which tools are needed to refill the transmission on a3.6
- How to fill the transmission on a 3.6
- Can the light in the radio be replaced. I cannot see what station I am on.
- I want to use 60 series tires instead of 55. Will it cause my car to vibrate?
- My car seems like it is going to completely shutdown but then continues to run.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2005 Cadillac CTS Problems
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The passenger seat sensor may fail causing the SRS (airbag) light to illuminate. This problem has turned into a recall on some vehicles. Please contact you local dealer to see if your particular car is included. For more information on this recall, please click here»
The steering wheel position sensor may fail, resulting in the service stability message being displayed.
2005 Cadillac CTS Questions
The car rattle when I come to a stop when driving its more like a rumble as if a coil is bad
it can be driven but it's in the shop
The service soon light is on and when i drive it it feels like the car js pulling.when i come to a complet . Stop and begin to accelerate the car feels something heavy is in the trunk moving around can u please tell me what the possible problems are. Tha
2005 Cadillac CTS Recalls
The weight on the key ring and/or some other jarring event may cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position, turning off the engine and increasing the risk of a crash. In the event of a crash, if the key is not in the run position, the air bags may not deploy as expected. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings, and vehicles with slotted keys will receive key inserts to correct this concern. Note: Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring.
General Motors is recalling certain 2005-2007 Cadillac CTS vehicles. The front passenger seat occupant sensor may become damaged, disabling the passenger airbag and illuminating the airbag warning light. If the airbag does not deploy when needed, there may be an increased risk of injury to the front seat passenger. Dealers will replace the front passenger sensing system free of charge.
2005 Cadillac CTS Reviews
Purchased used with 80,000 miles. Well maintained with all service records. Beautiful car with a beautiful ride... when it's running. I have put an additional 30,000 miles on it, but it has required two full brake jobs (front and rear), at least 4 blown fuses, cylinder coil replacement, washer fluid censor and two new batteries, among other things. My engine light is on most of the time, but GM...
Bought the car used from CarMax - it had 46000 miles on it. In the year and I half I have owned it, put another 40000 miles on it, including a number of long distance trips. Have not had a single problem. It has great acceleration, cornering and is very comfortable, even for my size (6'2" and 240 lbs). Will buy another one when this one reaches 150000 miles
My 2005 CTS was making engine noise and loss of engine oil. Dealer in El Centro California stated I needed a replacement engine. Dealer replaced and 2 years and 50K miles later, the same problem. Dealer says I need a replacement engine again!! GMC needs to look into this!! Oscar Martinez firstname.lastname@example.org