2001 Cadillac Catera Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Cadillac Catera
- The gear shift gets stuck in park what's wrong with it?
- where is the crankshaft sensor located on this car and how easy is it to fix?
- Engine cranks but won't start
- speed sensor replaced, but speedometer still doesnt work, all lights on dash wor
- How would i fine the kill switch on my 1998 Cadillac Catera?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Cadillac Catera Problems
The crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to stall while driving and/or will crank but not start, especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
The timing belt idler and/or tensioner pulley may fail, resulting in server engine damage. Cadillac has recalled certain 1997-2001 models to replace the timing belt and other related components as necessary.
2001 Cadillac Catera Questions
It's harder to get it out of park when it's first started after sitting for a while.
Then my wife turned the kill switch and got shocked by exess wire now the car wont start unless its cool . Should i put used ecm in car . Or reprogram key. I just boughtvthis car it was hit in front
2001 Cadillac Catera Reviews
this is the red headed stepchild of caddy gm. it was the caddy that zagged. this is the result of gm buying opel of europe. it is called a opel omega in germany and a vauxhaul in england. for the money you cant get a better car. i have owned for three years, and am the second owner. i knew the issues with the timing belt etc. that is why when i bought the car, i got an extended warranty. the ...
Worst car GM ever put the Cadillac name on! Original owner traded to dealer for new Impala ... and as the second owner we now know why! In first week of owning and at only 32K all seals failed mixing oil and coolant throughout engine block. Car was under full warranty so GM had to tear apart and rebuild at their expense (dealer refused to take the car back and argued every time the car came in ...
this cas after 5 years just keeps falling apart. Poor excuse for a cadilac. Very costly to have repaired 2001 only 57000 mile and looking at new motor not trade time.