1999 Cadillac Catera Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Cadillac Catera
- White smoke comes out of tail pipe while idling or accelerating.
- Interior lights will not come on regularly.
- Sun Shade will not let down on rear window. Just clicks.
- Hard to steer. No leaks visible around the Power Steering pump. Fluid is full.
- The blower blows cold air when I turn on my heat...even on 90*. What's wrong?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1999 Cadillac Catera Problems
The crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to stall while driving and/or will crank but not start, especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
On the automatic transmission models, the shift lever may not shift completely into "Park". This can result in the key being stuck in the ignition lock cylinder. Care should be taken to insure the shift lever fully engages the "Park" position. Replacing the shifter may be necessary to correct this concern.
1999 Cadillac Catera Questions
This car generally drives great but if the car is driven for more than 45-1hr or has been idling a while, it doesn't start back up if turned off until it seems like the car has cooled down maybe...after this it starts right back up. I took it for a check and repair and was told it was definit...
1999 Cadillac Catera Reviews
Power steering almost completely non effective. Steers extremely hard.
I have a 1999 Cadillac Catera and when it rains my cars floor is soak and wet on the passenger side front and back. Does any one know where the rain is coming in? The car was in an accident and need lots of repair work.
Two years ago in 2009, I "inherited" this car from a family member. She was an elderly lady, and it really WAS one of those cars that was always garaged and only driven to the grocery store, the mall and the VFW hall. A TEN year-old Caddy with only 23,000 miles on it ! Thought I'd hit the jackpot. Since then, I've had to put over $3,000 in the car. New a/c, "copper tubing" for the cooling s...