1998 Cadillac Catera Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Cadillac Catera
- I Have error code P1112,P1740, P0501, P0115 for a1998 Catera what does mean?
- My car let's out steam when I am done driving it
- When i shift to drive it just idleas how do do i repa what should i do where doNH
- I had battery and alternator replaced, but the battery does not charge, still no
- Hot wire touched chasis & sparked. Cranks,won't start. Lights on,no check engine
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Cadillac Catera Problems
The crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to stall while driving and/or will crank but not start, especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
On the automatic transmission models, the shift lever may not shift completely into "Park". This can result in the key being stuck in the ignition lock cylinder. Care should be taken to insure the shift lever fully engages the "Park" position. Replacing the shifter may be necessary to correct this concern.
1998 Cadillac Catera Questions
The power steering goes on for a week and off for a week. The fluid is fine. The speed indicator is also interminent
Is it because it has a oil leak problem?
still won"t start