1997 Cadillac Catera Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Cadillac Catera
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Cadillac Catera Problems
The crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to stall while driving and/or will crank but not start, especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance.
On the automatic transmission models, the shift lever may not shift completely into "Park". This can result in the key being stuck in the ignition lock cylinder. Care should be taken to insure the shift lever fully engages the "Park" position. Replacing the shifter may be necessary to correct this concern.
1997 Cadillac Catera Questions
CAN ANY ONE TELL ME THE APPROXIMATE COST OF REPLACING HEAD GASKETS?
Car would not start, charged battery but battery was dead after a couple of hoursand charged it again and battery died again while not hooked up?
Engine has slight loss of coolant and plug fouled. Compression is good for all cylinders. I want to try liquid glass to seal leak.
1997 Cadillac Catera Reviews
My Catera has just over 100,000 miles on it. I love it. It is such a nice little car. We have had to fix a few little things, but it all has been normal maintainance. My husband owns our own mechanics shop so we don't have extra labor costs, but we have not sunk much money at all into this car. And it definitly zigs!