1997 Buick Skylark Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Buick Skylark
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1997 Buick Skylark Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The heater core under the right side of the dashboard may leak engine coolant which can puddle on the passenger front floor. The loss of coolant may cause an engine overheating condition. Our technicians tell us that removal of the dash board is necessary to replace the heater on these vehicles.
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.
1997 Buick Skylark Questions
occasionally, it wants to stall unless more pressure is applied to the accelerator (sounds like the exhaust is getting louder as a result) The check engine light stays on and will begin to flash if going up hill. The vehicle is going through fuel at a very fast pace
The right signal and brake light will work again if I pull the light assembly out of place, but they stop working once i move the car.
1997 Buick Skylark Recalls
1997 Buick Skylark Reviews
very good cars, good acceleration, good top speed, no cup holders, fair gas mileage.
can anyone help, i have a 1997 buick skylark, has 179,000 miles on it, my transmission is starting to slip. is there an easy fix or should i get another car? i've had this car sence 1998, maybe time to put it down?