1998 Buick Riviera Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Buick Riviera
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1998 Buick Riviera Problems
An automatic transmission fluid leak may develop from the rubber section of a transmission cooler line. In some cases the rubber section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this type of leak.
The intake manifold gasket may develop external engine oil leak. The manifold gasket will need to be replaced to correct this issue.
1998 Buick Riviera Questions
Apparently it's not the high pressure side so it has a leak. Well we went to put the uv leak finder in but the low pressure side is reading 120...but i was told until i put freon in it will be high...cani put the freon in so i can put the leak finder? Cuz its auto air
The loud constant humming noise stops after about 1 minute and will sometimes start up again while just sitting there. Could this be the fuel pump?? It's supercharged and the noise seems to be coming from above the drivers rear tire. Thanks
It will start one minute and the next it will
1998 Buick Riviera Reviews
Purchased off lease in 2001 with 35,000 miles. Car has been trouble-free mechanically. I've replaced the power windows switch on the driver's side, the struts twice, and the battery. Everything else is routine. I now have 132,000 miles on the car. I did recently have the car repainted. GM's clearcoat failed all over the top of the car at 10 years. I have always had an aggravating highway...
I bought a 1998 Riviera for my wife new in late 1998. This has been the best car we have ever owned, everything is original and everything works like new. the car now has 142,000 miles 11-8-10. The only thing ever replaced was the normal maintenence items like brakes spark plugs at 100,000, on the 2cnd set of Goodyears, replaced at around 55K, front struts replaced at around 75K. The only bulb ...