1997 Buick Riviera Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Buick Riviera
- I am currently experiencing the 3 minute time out on the vats system.
- We have a 97 Buick Riviera. Started having problems with it not wanting to start
- why is my "Check Engine -ABS LIGHT -BATTERY LIGHT" ON?
- I turn my car off and the gas pump stays on and runs the battery down.97 rivera
- oxygen sensors HO2S on a 1997 buick riviera
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Buick Riviera Problems
An automatic transmission fluid leak may develop from the rubber section of a transmission cooler line. In some cases the rubber section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this type of leak.
The intake manifold gasket may develop external engine oil leak. The manifold gasket will need to be replaced to correct this issue.
1997 Buick Riviera Questions
Have bypassed the ignition switch by installing the relevant value of resistor between switch and bulkhead wiring block. But security light keeps coming on ( steady ) car runs perfect, light will go out while driving for a couple of days, then will come back on. The car will start if the light is...
I got me a 97 Buick Riviera Supercharged 3800 series II engine. when i got the car those lights were already on. the vehicle also had a bad pulley on the alternator so i got a new alternator itself and got me some new spark pluggs while i was there . everything works fine car rides smooth but my ...
When I turn the temp dial to (all the way) to run the AC the blower blows cold air through certain vents and hot air through the others?? Is this a relay or electrical issue or just a problem with the vent door?
1997 Buick Riviera Reviews
I have a 1997 buick rivera I start my car in the morning and drive for about 15 minutes my car cuts off while driving i then put the car in neutral while driving the car starts back up. it does this twice a day. after that I have no more problems until the next day. what is the problem?
Purchased new 1997 Riviera. The paint started peeling off after 2-3 years. Noticed this problem on many other Rivieras. Was told it is due to a poor seal coat on this model. Brakes were always a problem. Now the ABS AND T/C LIGHT STAY ON due to major problems...needs new ABS system. Had to replace engine due to two rods broke. It turns out there is (3) different series engine for this ca...