1998 Buick LeSabre Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Buick LeSabre
- Engine Stalling Due to Mass Air Flow/Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail
- Transmission Pressure Control Solenoid Failure May Cause Erratic Shifting
- Intake Manifold Gaskets Can Develop Engine Oil Leaks
- Car Won't Start Because of Anti-Theft System That Uses Raised-Chip Key
- Spark plug firing diagram
- where is the transmission control solenoid located on the transmission?
- 1998 buick lasabre AC/vaccum ,canister under fender, followed line
- CAR WON'T REV PAST 2400RPM, THIS JUST HAPPENED AS WE SPEAK, PLZ HELP
- check engine light does not come on... How can I check the connection, fuse etc
1998 Buick LeSabre Problems
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) air delivery and/or temperature mode door actuator may fail. This can result in incorrect air delivery or temperature. If this occurs, fault code(s) stored in the HVAC control module should be available to assist with diagnoses.
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.
1998 Buick LeSabre Questions
up to firewall it was discconected, cant locate were it hooks too. this is probably why ac air is blowing thrugh defrost.
ALSO WHEN I STARTED IT UP IT HAS TO BUILD POWER ,IGNITION CATCHES THEN IDLING IS LOW THEN BATTERY GAGE CLIMBS TO NORMAL, HAD UPPER INTAKE REPLACED ANOUT 2MONTHS AGO, CAR WAS SLUGGISH AT FIRST THEN GREAT PASSED NYS INSPECTION AFAFTER I REPLACED BOTH THE MAF SENSOR AND THE UP STREAM O2 SENSOR. NOW ...
1998 Buick LeSabre Recalls
1998 Buick LeSabre Reviews
Ive had my buick for2years and i love it the only thing went wrong with mine is my transmission bolts fell out and had to fix air comming out of the egine BUT OTHER THAN THAT.1 HAD MY BUICK AT 94000 MILES and now its at 137000 miles and runs like a champ dontnoone got a better egine then 38 series buick i think its the best egine in the world. i love my buick
I bought a 1998 LeSabre 4 years ago with 60K miles on it. I now have 94K. The engine has been incredibly reliable. The only expense in 4 years was the serpentine belt at $125. However I have numerous problems. After running through a car wash I have a water leak but only on the driver side floor mat and only when it rains. Tried everything to locate problem to no avail. Horn relay stuck and now...
Buick 1998 Lasabre 160k miles EMISSIONS AZ Emissions +++ Emissions++++++++++ Arizona== Great used car but weird situation, it does not fail but it does not pass emissions. all lights on dash turn off after starting car so no problems according to car. inspections says: catalyst, EGR and evap system NOT READY and misfire, O2 sensor, ,heated O2, fuel system and component READY ...