1996 Buick LeSabre Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Buick LeSabre
- Just recently my Lesabre just started shuddering whenever I'm in idle or Park but however once I start accelerating it stops. What could this be?
- car blew out white smoke three days later turns over no start fuel pump?
- heater was only blowing out on driver's side, now blowing cool air on both sides
- I have chaged the 20 amp fuse but the electronic lever pump won't come on
- Water pump or cracked coolant reservoir???
1996 Buick LeSabre Problems
It is common for the fuel level sensor in the fuel tank read the fuel level incorrectly. The sensor must be replaced to correct the condition. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump module replaced on high mileage vehicles.
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) air delivery and/or temperature mode door actuator may fail. This can result in incorrect air delivery or temperature. If this occurs, fault code(s) stored in the HVAC control module should be available to assist with diagnoses.
1996 Buick LeSabre Questions
Changed thermostat, reset by battery cables, worked for little while, but now cold air.
Coolant reservoir not holding coolant, but no puddles or fluid under Buick. Radiator stays full. Sporadic squeaking.
Heater blows cold air
1996 Buick LeSabre Recalls
1996 Buick LeSabre Reviews
purchased new in 96, has 198,000 has given excellent service, replaced trans with factory rebuilt at 100,000 miles due to faulty torque converter, acting up again now, GM should be embarrased about the electrical problem, no excuse for them. but I love the car and will buy another .
we're having trouble with a fast idle.it idles at 30mph i can take my foot off the gas and drive along idiling at 30mph.whats going on?