1997 Buick Century Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Buick Century
- How do fix the pressure check think I need a new battery and spark plugs how $
- back up lamps quit working changed bulbs same condition help
- the keyless entry has not functioned on this car sense i purchased from a family member. I changed batteries in keyfobs,still will not function. any ideas to correct problem is welcomed. Thank you.
- My Service Engine Soon will come on.
- Where would my coolant be leaking from? Its leaking behind the alternator.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1997 Buick Century Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
Corrosion may develop at the connection between the ignition coil tower and spark plug wire resulting in an engine misfire. The Ignition coil and spark plug wire should both be replaced to correct this condition.
1997 Buick Century Questions
When I check the system with a scanner at my local mechanic the code that appears is PO420. This car has a 3.1 v6 with automatic transmission. If anyone has encountered the same problem please e-mail any suggestions to correct the problem. Thank you and may you have a Blessed Day.
Just had upper and lower intake gaskets replased with Fal pro gaskets today for 500 bucks to find out the coolant is still leaking from somewhere behind the alternator. Timing cover? Is this gonna be expensive to get fixed? There's only 60,000 mi. on car. 97 century.. any ideas are welcome. C...
engine doesn`t turn over