1997 Buick Century Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Buick Century
- been sitting for about 6 weeks. Now it won't turn over. Is it a anti theft issue
- Brake AND ABS Brake lights come on in reverse gear. Brake pedal depression?
- How do fix the pressure check think I need a new battery and spark plugs how $
- back up lamps quit working changed bulbs same condition help
- the keyless entry has not functioned on this car sense i purchased from a family member. I changed batteries in keyfobs,still will not function. any ideas to correct problem is welcomed. Thank you.
1997 Buick Century Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
One or more power window switch may fail. The affected window may work intermittently before failing completely.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
1997 Buick Century Questions
Since I purchased the car around a year ago, there has been a noticeable situation when backing out of driveways, parking spots, etc. It seems like there is a momentary clicking near the front brake/tire area that I'm assuming is some sort of additional release because, at the exact time that...
When I check the system with a scanner at my local mechanic the code that appears is PO420. This car has a 3.1 v6 with automatic transmission. If anyone has encountered the same problem please e-mail any suggestions to correct the problem. Thank you and may you have a Blessed Day.
1997 Buick Century Recalls
1997 Buick Century Reviews
Nice car. The only issue i have is that the engine is 'sideways'.
Is there anybody out there that has problems with lost of power while driving at a constant speed or upon exceliration?
best car iv'e had, only afew minor issues 100,000 miles