2004 BMW Z4 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2004 BMW Z4
- Overheating 2004 Z4 60,000 miles. fans all work, coolant is full.
- I changed the battery on my car since then I can't get it to pass emissions .
- My Z4 does not have the fuse box diagram. How can I get one?
- Right rear tire(tire area) has a whop, whop almost as though it 's flat spotted
- How to reattach my driver side exterior door handle?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2004 BMW Z4 Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
An engine coolant leak may develop from the expansion tank resulting in engine overheating. When a cooling system component fails the entire cooling system should be inspected. It is not uncommon to find additional component have failed or are leaking.
Overheating can cause severe engine damage. If the engine begins to overheat it is recommended to stop at the first available location and have your vehicle towed to a repair shop.
2004 BMW Z4 Questions
Took it to the dealer (rip off). They tested everything and replaced the sensor sending unit. Flushed the cooling system, bled out the air...problem still exists. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I don't want to just start replacing parts randomly. Mechanic said the Z4 runs hot but I...
It has the 2.5 Engine
My tire indicator light is on, before I take it in to a service dept. I want to make sure its not something easy like the tire pressure. What is the optimal tire pressure for the run flat tires?
2004 BMW Z4 Recalls
In certain environmental conditions, the fuel pump may vapor lock, causing the engine to stall. If this were to happen while moving, the driver would not be able to maintain speed or accelerate, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install a resistor in the electrical line powering the fuel pump in order to prevent an occurrence of vapor lock. The recall began May 11, 2004.