2011 BMW X5 xDrive Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2011 BMW X5 xDrive
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2011 BMW X5 xDrive Questions
The dealer tells me it is normal and that I should use the AC to keep thing climate controlled. The vent usually starts out blowing air at normal outside temperature but can suddenly turn hot not always when the engine is hot. Very uncomfortable problem. I hope someone can help.
2011 BMW X5 xDrive Recalls
The engine drive belt has a device called an idler pulley that helps to keep the belt properly aligned with the power steering pump. The bolt that secures the idler pulley may come loose, causing the drive belt to fall off and power steering assist will be lost. If this occurs, you will still be able to steer your vehicle, it will just take much more effort. Your BMW dealer will replace and properly tighten the idler pulley bolt.
On vehicles equipped with an 8 or 12 cylinder turbocharged engine, the circuit board for the electric water pump may overheat. This could lead to smoldering of the pump and/or an electrical fire in the engine compartment. Dealers will replace the auxiliary water pump to correct this concern.
BMW is recalling 2011 X5 and X6 SAV models for failing to comply with federal safety standards on tire selection and rims. Affected models are equipped with 20-inch wheels, yet the label states the vehicles have 19-inch wheels. This can lead to incorrect tire inflation, which can affect handling and increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will mail the correct labels to the customer or install the label free of charge.