2006 BMW X3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 BMW X3
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 BMW X3 Problems
Valve cover gasket leaks are common after 60,000 miles. Symptoms will include oil drips under the vehicle and burning oil smell from the engine compartment.
An engine coolant leak may develop from the expansion tank resulting in engine overheating. When a cooling system component fails the entire cooling system should be inspected. It is not uncommon to find additional component have failed or are leaking.
Overheating can cause severe engine damage. If the engine begins to overheat it is recommended to stop at the first available location and have your vehicle towed to a repair shop.
I noticed the a/c not cooling properly couple of weeks ago. 57k on the car. I charged it up with freon which took a whole can. Worked great after that, week later steam/smoke came out of the vents & since then the a/c is steadily becoming less cool. Read reports about faulty evaporators, hope I don't have to replace that, hoping it's something more simple like split "o" rings. any similar issues out there?
2006 BMW X3 Questions
NEEDS REPLACING - IS THIS A BID JOB - JUST ONE SPOT OF OIL
weel is wearing tire from inside
2006 BMW X3 Recalls
2006 BMW X3 Reviews
I have just been informed that my BMW X3 Air Condition Compressor has a large crack in it and its going to be expensive to repair due to having to take off the dash to fix. I have very low miles, 46,000 and the car has been garaged its entire life. I don't understand how a large crack can occur in a car in great condition and low miles. I have lived in Florida two years, I realize we use air co...
Parents have a BMW X3 that I drive. It's been fun, has a lot of room, and is easy to maintain. BMW pays regular maintenance under warranty, and we've never had repairs. Not great gas mileage though.