2001 BMW M3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 BMW M3
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 BMW M3 Problems
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
During tight, slow speed turning, a rubbing noise can sometimes be heard from the rear of the car. This noise is likely coming from the clutches in the limited slip differential. If the noise persists, the differential fluid can be replaced with a special oil available from BMW. On higher mileage vehicles, this noise may never be eliminated unless the differential is replaced.
The blower final stage fan resistor is known to fail. Symptoms are the heater fan speed varies regardless of the setting, the fan will not turn off when the car is switched off, or the fan will not switch on at all.
2001 BMW M3 Recalls
Upon deployment the passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. BMW dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.