1991 BMW 850i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 BMW 850i
- my 850 sounds ruff when I start it. it also takes off slow when I start off from
- The engine is struggling from time to time, misfiring.
- My 1991 6Speed BMW 850i is running on 6 cylinders/half power. Any suggestions?
- Have a red warning light with SRS flashing on my BMW 850i. What does it mean?
- my 850 takes off slow after sitting and lost it power
1991 BMW 850i Problems
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps.
1991 BMW 850i Questions
Been suggested that with changing of the gasket for the intake manifold would solve the problem ??
I do have some type of oil leak but at the moment I can not tell where its coming from, I changed air flow meters, I changed relays and today I'm going to check if fuel pumps are working correctly and try and determine where the oil is coming from. Areas that come in my mine are, leaky intake...
Light flashes immediately I turn on the ignition. Keeps flashing for a while and then just stays on.
Just bought the car and have no user manual!
1991 BMW 850i Recalls
1991 BMW 850i Reviews
Just spent $3,000+ on my 850. Inspection II, new heater core, batteries, thermostat, belts, and R12 to R134A convertion. Ready for Saturday and Sunday morning drives to Dunkin Donuts for coffee with my wife, then putting it back in the garage.
My husband just bought one. Very nice car great ride