2003 BMW 760Li Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 BMW 760Li
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 BMW 760Li Problems
There are reports of various interior trim parts peeling including center console buttons, storage tray buttons, door sill entry covers, b-pillar trims, and kick panels.
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps.
2003 BMW 760Li Questions
Dont no wer the stick to check my transmission fluide,or add to it.
2003 BMW 760Li Recalls
Excessive wear may develop on the side bolsters of the seat backrest. As a result, the seat heater mat located in this area may be damaged. If such damage were to occur, with the system turned on, the occupant may feel excessive heat from the area. The heating element may damage or melt a small hole in this damaged area of the seat cover. If this happened, it could lead to the seat occupant being burned. Dealers will modify the seat heating circuit to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin during December of 2004.
The engine oil filter drain plug may not be tightened to specification. This could lead to loosening of the drain plug, causing an initial spray of oil and then a leak. If enough oil drains, engine damage can result, and crash could result if the damage is severe enough. Dealers will inspect the torque of the oil filter drain plug, and tighten if necessary. The recall began September 12, 2003.
2003 BMW 760Li Reviews
We have a 760LI, with 64,000 original miles on it. I has spent more time in the shop than we've enjoyed it. At 43,000 miles we had to replace an $8,000.00 transmission. Now, 1 of the fuel pumps have gone out...... it has 3, costing us $4,000.00. We have asked BMW North America to assist in the repairs. Without batting an eye, they have refused. We have another V12, a Mercedes S600, with 1...