2008 BMW 750i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 BMW 750i
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2008 BMW 750i Problems
There are reports of various interior trim parts peeling including center console buttons, storage tray buttons, door sill entry covers, b-pillar trims, and kick panels.
The front thrust rod bushings—also referred to as tension strut bushings—are known to fail occasionally. The oil-filled rubber mounts weaken and crack over time, causing a mushy road feel and shuddering in the steering wheel when going over bumps.
2008 BMW 750i Questions
but will not turn ccw.
I have just got my 750i back from a transmission shop and was told nothing was wrong... My transmission light is still illuminated and im worried about getting the run around what should i do...
2008 BMW 750i Recalls
The affected vehicles have an electronic key and an electronic connection between the gear shifter and the transmission (shift-by-wire) that automatically shifts the transmission to Park when the driver presses the Start/Stop button to shutdown the engine. If the driver presses the engine Start/Stop button 2 or 3 times within a short time interval, the system may shift the transmission to Neutral rather than Park.
If the driver exits the vehicle with the transmission in Neutral and the parking brake is not applied, the vehicle may roll away. Unattended rollaway incidents often result in a crash or cause injury to pedestrians in the path of the vehicle. Vehicle owners will be notified, but the revised software remedy will not be available until March 2013.