2001 BMW 740iL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 BMW 740iL
- Bought with with 78k, 2.5 years ago...Am on my 3rd technically 4th Alternator
- Where is the dip stick to test the level of trans fluid on 2001 740IL
- My failsafe light is on check engine light on 2001 BMW & car act like no fluid
- Car will not start, after dying while driving.
- Why does car creep in first gear
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 BMW 740iL Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
2001 BMW 740iL Questions
First 8 months after I bought the car, probably only 2k miles later...I got a transmission fail/safe message..brought it in they said I needed an alternator, I got it done.... A year later it happened again same fail/safe message. This time I made sure the replacement was a new and not refurbishe...
2001 BMW 740iL Recalls
2001 BMW 740iL Reviews
This is my fourth 7 Series BMW. These cars are not for the faint of heart. When they break, it costs, but I have had very good reliability issues from my first in 1985. With only 4 cars in over 25 years, you might say that I have been happy with the car brand and will continue to purchase a 7 series in the future. Find a good mechanic, do the routine maintenance and take the car in at the fi...
To those who wrote (POS)? Obviously your experience is based on how well you take care of your own car or how much abuse it will take from you. If you bought a BMW Used and not certified or thoroughly reviewed and checked out, then who is the POS? You simply bought someone Else's abused headache. The E38 is one of the best cars ever built. I owned 3 bimmers in my life and all different model...
Its a BMW..... What are you bitches all crying about? Its a BWM.... It WILL Be expensive to fix and Maintain! Hello???? Its a BMW not a kia...... They are expensive and cost money!!