1999 BMW 740iL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 BMW 740iL
- I just got a starter put on and now I have to get a Jump off from someone
- when i go up hills or between speeds of 20mph and 40mph i get shuttering if
- How to replace front brake pads and rotors?
- how much is it to repair an exhaust leak of anykind?
- The problem is that the engine runs on the safe program mode
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1999 BMW 740iL Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
1999 BMW 740iL Questions
Or either use my jump start box I just replace the positive cable terminal It only take like 5 sec when I get a jump from car to start alternator good battery. Good what could it be
Brakes make a squeeking noise when driving.
Interested in buying a 1999 BMW 740il for 2500 and they say it runs good with a smooth shifting transmission but has an exhaust leak somewhere. How much does that cost to get fixed if it was anywhere?
1999 BMW 740iL Reviews
Can anyone tell me what to do about my 1999 740 iL. It was running just fine. Started great. No issues. Drove it the other day, parked it over night and the next morning I cant even get it to turn over or click. Put a new battery in it and still the same thing. Called BMW dealer and he said to change the battery. I said I did. Then he said to smack the starter motor with a hammer. It might be s...
I have a 99 740iL. I love the look and profile and it is the best driving car I have ever owned. But that is as far as it goes. Repair wise this is the WORSE vehicle I have ever owned. The repairs just keep coming and coming. I do most of the repairs myself but at some point you have to ask yourself is it worth it. It seams like I am having to repair something every month on this car. Parts are...