1998 BMW 740iL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 BMW 740iL
- I have no brake lights except for the ' third' brake light, all bulbs are good,
- What causes my car to go into engine failsafe and what cause my car to cut off at low speed and while idling sometimes
- My BMW Sometimes cut off at a low speed and while idling but crank back up
- My heater fan blows only hot air? Is it he thermostat?
- Broke key shell case, now car wont start, what can I do?
1998 BMW 740iL Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
1998 BMW 740iL Questions
1998 BMW 740iL Reviews
Are you kidding me? For a car that looks good, it is just a POS. So many issues, I really don't know where to begin. I really wish I would have read the other comments BEFORE I bought my BMW. I have only had it 30 days, and already, I have had problems with the radiator, suspension, windows, lights, cat converters, and a/c. The cost of these repairs will be more than double what I paid fo...
I have a 98 740IL- I LOVE IT!!! Yes you are right, not fot the weak, you want weak buy something else, My car is more than efficient! and truly a pleasure to drive, will buy another BMW- love em'
My 1998bmw740il kills at idle after being driven for about 15 minutes. Starts back up. Runs great on the open road.The crankshaft engine sensor & thermostat sensor have both been replaced. Also the mass air flow sensor.What could be the problem?