1998 BMW 740iL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 BMW 740iL
- Will the transmission from a 1999 BMW 740il fit into a 1998 740il?
- My parking brake is stuck, the release cable doesn't seem to be connected
- I need to replace a double glass window
- I have no brake lights except for the ' third' brake light, all bulbs are good,
- What causes my car to go into engine failsafe and what cause my car to cut off at low speed and while idling sometimes
1998 BMW 740iL Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
1998 BMW 740iL Questions
1998 BMW 740iL Reviews
Are you kidding me? For a car that looks good, it is just a POS. So many issues, I really don't know where to begin. I really wish I would have read the other comments BEFORE I bought my BMW. I have only had it 30 days, and already, I have had problems with the radiator, suspension, windows, lights, cat converters, and a/c. The cost of these repairs will be more than double what I paid fo...
I have a 98 740IL- I LOVE IT!!! Yes you are right, not fot the weak, you want weak buy something else, My car is more than efficient! and truly a pleasure to drive, will buy another BMW- love em'
My 1998bmw740il kills at idle after being driven for about 15 minutes. Starts back up. Runs great on the open road.The crankshaft engine sensor & thermostat sensor have both been replaced. Also the mass air flow sensor.What could be the problem?