1997 BMW 740iL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 BMW 740iL
- my 740 il break light want come on it the tail light window light are good
- my back tail light want come on,it's 740 il but the back light in the window wi
- Water in oil motor runs smooth? Does not leak oil no white smoke from tail pipe
- Water in oil oil is chocolate is this from trans or a leaking oil cooler ortran
- How do I troubleshoot water pump? With tension, serpentine runs off pulley.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 BMW 740iL Problems
Leaks are known to develop in the cooling system. It is common to see more than one part recommended for repair/replacement due to overlapping labor and the use of many plastic parts in the system.
A fluid leak may develop from one or more power steering hose. When a leak is being repaired, it is not uncommon for multiple hoses to be replaced.
1997 BMW 740iL Questions
Just runs good I parked it every body wants to buy it shop says need new motor $5500.what the ----! Need help please!
Some people say oil cooler or radiator? Mech cracked head or block head gasket crank motor as it runs keep adding water it's going into motor
Oil or trans cooler leaking water in oil oil is chocolate color
1997 BMW 740iL Recalls
1997 BMW 740iL Reviews
I have tried after-market rims on my car and cannot get a balanced ride. I had the tires professionally balanced twice, but to no avail. I assumed that one of the rims has a problem since the rims were used. However, when I put the original rims back on, there is still vibration at 50-55 mph, the indicator for balance control. What else could be the problem?
I have a 97 740IL and I must say that it runs pretty well. The problem I have with it are the tail lights, the cup holder is broken (cheap), the inside door strips are cheaply made with those clips that are always breaking, the cover to my stereo speaker just fell off and I cannot re-attach it. I do find that some of the fixtures are easy to replace and not as complicated all as many would th...
I own a 1997 740IL. I purchased it in 2006. The car is a great piece of machinery, but when it is time to repair.......it cost $$$! I have since changed my entire suspension (struts, mounts, rubbers, ball joints, centerlink, etc) front & rear. I've also changed my entire power steering system, (hoses & lines), replaced my radiator, replaced EWS, and a brand new ignition with a full key set....