2006 BMW 650i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 BMW 650i
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
2006 BMW 650i Problems
If the brakes are squealing, there's a good chance it is the brake pad wear sensor. A new design was implemented in January 2006 and can be identified by its green color.
2006 BMW 650i Questions
It's getting older and has high mileage.
300.00 for the battery and 300.00 plus dollars for labor. something about battery needs to be programed to the car.
I used all BMW recomended fluids and filter,gaskets etc. It was a nomal fluid change everything went fine and once I was finished went to take a test drive to see if the transmission fault indicator would come back on because it had been from time to time,and it will not move at all no forward no...
2006 BMW 650i Recalls
The insulated connector for the positive battery cable may have been incorrectly attached to the trunk floor panel, which can lead to a loosening of the bolt connection. Loosening of the connection can cause an increase in electrical resistance and overheating of the cable connection, which could lead to a fire, even when the vehicle is not in use. As a precaution, owners are advised to park outside until the remedy has been completed. Dealers will secure the battery bolt cable connection as necessary to correct this concern.
A static discharge from the fuel rails may affect the engine electronic control unit (ECU) and stall the engine in weather below freezing combined with low humidity. If the engine stalls, the driver may not be able to maintain speed or accelerate, and the power steering could fail, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will install two ground cables in the engine compartment free of charge. The recall began October 29, 2007.
The lower rubber mount for the rear shock absorber may not have been manufactured properly and may not adhere to the housing. If it separates, the driver will experience impaired handling and control of the vehicle, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the rear shock absorber. The recall began September 13, 2006.