2009 BMW 550i Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 BMW 550i
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2009 BMW 550i Problems
A creak or squeak can be heard from the top of the front or rear doors. This noise is most noticeable when the windows are fully up. The noise is caused by the decay of the flocking material on the door seals. New door seals, Teflon tape, special lube, or a combination of all of these may be needed to eliminate the noise.
2009 BMW 550i Recalls
Increased resistance at the electrical contact points may cause damage to the ground terminal and housing of the connector. This can result in an intermittent or permanent loss of one or more rear lamp functions (tail, brake, turn-signal, reverse). Intermittent light operation reduces the ability to warn other motorists of the driver's intentions, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the rear lamp bulb carriers to correct this concern.
The insulated connector for the positive battery cable may have been incorrectly attached to the trunk floor panel, which can lead to a loosening of the bolt connection. Loosening of the connection can cause an increase in electrical resistance and overheating of the cable connection, which could lead to a fire, even when the vehicle is not in use. As a precaution, owners are advised to park outside until the remedy has been completed. Dealers will secure the battery bolt cable connection as necessary to correct this concern.
2009 BMW 550i Reviews
On most lists of the finest sport sedans in the world. This is a sedan, not a sports car as it comfortably can seat four adults. In driver selected Sport Mode, it is very aggressive. Driving on mountain roads is thrilling with massive tires and optional sport suspension. Was designed for German Autobahn top speed is electronically limited to 155 MPH. If limiter is removed, then top end is 174 M...
Excellent car. I just did not know what I was missing!